Sunday, April 11, 2010

UFC a great brand

I think that The UFC is one of the most amazing brands of recent times the crowds that it draws in are unbelievably huge. Tapout one of the spin offs from this is really well marketed on all the fights screened. Ultimate fighter was another ingenious way to entice people to the sport. I stumbled upon it by mistake bored one day I just happened to watch ultimate fighter once and I was hooked.

For years I refused to accept this mixed martial arts programme, brand, fighting arena as a true sport! I still don't think that it is a sport as it hasn't earned the right to be called that. It is a chance for guys that haven't made it in their respective fields and don't mind taking a beating to have a second shot at the big time. Good on them to for having the gaul to step in to that octagon and really not know what is going to happen. It's great entertainment but not a sport, a well branded and marketed programme that's for sure.

Being in Dubai has it's advantages as I got to watch tonights fight in Abu Dhabi live and I have to say what a great show. Anderson Silver did a bit of show boating that didn't make him popular with the crowd however, I cannot take away how much of an amazing fighter he is. Frankie Definitely had the answers tonight and caused the biggest upset, well for BJ  Penn and his team! What an amazing likeable fighter with amazing hand speed and stamina. What a great bit of branding as it is definitely spreading like wild fire and I would love to know the Branding & Corporate Identy people behind this huge success? If anyone knows please respond to this.

Seriously I am still buzzing from the fights from tonight and am ready to be creative in the studio tomorrow!

Sirius T

http://siriusmarketingconsultants.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment